Monday 6 July 2009

Train Miles



I had a light bulb moment yesterday when I was booking three return journeys on trainline.com. Why was I not getting rewarded for all of my spending? Why has no one introduced Train Miles? I googled it today and found Virgin Trains had proposed the idea back in June 2007 and the last comment was 'When is this going to happen?' dated 07/09/2008. It had 1147 votes of support. Does anyone know what happened to the scheme?

Another good point is one that was made on Excess Baggage this Saturday. Why do we have so many trains (high frequency) which should provide travellers with flexibility and yet you have to book months in advance to get a reasonably priced ticked? Wouldn't it be better to have a flat (lower) rate so that you can jump on a train when you get there? You shouldn't have to pay extra for the privelege of having an open ticket.

No comments: